Sunday, January 29, 2017

Squash and Spinach Rissotto: Budget Food

One big step to help us move Southwest is to start saving money.... uuuuggg the never ending battle of money and not having enough of it :)

That being said one area we are trying to trim back on is our food shopping. It's so hard, especially now that I am home all the time on maternity leave to not just buy anything and everything. I almost give myself the excuse because we can't go out, due to having babies, that having more fancy food and sweets and treats is our RIGHT!

However, I think we can do better. I also am reading this FABULOUS book by Alicia Silverstone called the Kind Diet. All about eating Vegan and the great benefits of a plant based diet. WAIT! for all you anti-vegan or dinner MUST have meat peeps... I'm not going to go on a rant or try and convert you ... I just saying I was inspired by trying more meat free dishes... done!

All in all, one day I was trolling the internet and came across this recipe for Squash and Spinach Risotto... I had a spare squash and spinach that was day or two from going bad so I thought why not...


Click here for Squash and Spinach Recipe by Rachel Cotterill

WOW WAS I IMPRESSED.... with under 10 ingredients ... and nothing fancy (I actually just naturally had everything in the kitchen... which like never happens!!)... I even left out the parsley leaves and it still turned out fab...

even more so.... MY 2 YEAR OLD TODDLER LOVED IT! She told me "this is a yummy delicious dinner.. thank you mommy!" wait... WHAT!?!? We aren't arguing over dinner and bribing her with every sweet under the sun to get her to eat just 3 damn bits of dinner. HALLELUJAH JESUS!

this bad boy recipe is now on my regular list of eats....

BONUS: toddler loves, meat eating husband didn't complain, it used NORMAL, CHEAP ingredients, it took less than an hour to make, it's healthy and its VEGAN!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment